The first day for any employee, can be stressful for both the employee and employer. Here are a few tips to get off to a smooth start.
Its all new! Things an employer takes for granted, the new employee is clueless about. Start with the basics:
- Where can the employee get a drink of water if needed? Do you have a kitchen and refrigerator for the employee to store lunch?
- Where is the bathroom? Does it require a key?
- Where are necessary supplies?
- Where is the copier and how does it operate? Do you need a code?
- Where is the fax machine and how does it operate? Do you need a code?
- How do you wish the phone answered?
- Do you screen your calls? If so, is there a list of people you will always talk to?
- How do you route messages within your organization? E-mail? Paper? Yell?
- Do you have examples of letter and memo styles or macros used to create correspondence?
- What is your office policy for saving and storing files?