Position: Records Quality Analyst
Rate of Pay: $13.70
Employment Type: Full Time; Temporary
As a member of a growing Development Records Quality & Services team, support the management and enhancement of the development data. Develop a broad and deep understanding of development and fundraising best practices to best support the data and information needs for key constituent segments at each stage of the development cycle. Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Records Quality and List Production (Associate Director), participate in any or all of the following activities as directed:
• LIST PRODUCTION: Generate accurate lists for development staff to support a one-team, donor-centered approach to fundraising.
• RECORDS MAINTENANCE: Manage and maintain existing development records in the development system
• RECORDS ENHANCEMENT: Enhance development records through strategic analysis of information/data needs within the development system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide lists to end users in accordance with best practices aligning with Data Governance standards.
• Ensure that lists are produced accurately and timely to reflect the prospects/donors wishes for what they do (and do not) want to (or should not) receive.
• Use Excel tools to format and manipulate data
• Assist with recording the communication in the fundraising database for an accurate history of interactions with the constituent.
• Support the Associate Director in implementing the strategic vision for the Development Data Quality & Services team, which includes working towards specific individual and team goals and aligning work towards best practices with a focus on service excellence.
• Exercise a high degree of independence to ensure the accurate and timely handling/updating of constituent biographical information in support of fundraising activities.
• Research information about alumni, donors and friends using multiple sources, including but not limited to: the internet, newspapers, press releases, public records, and other subscription-based databases.
•Document and implement data entry and data stewardship guidelines, policies, and procedures; encourage compliance with data entry policies and procedures; monitor data entry to minimize duplicates and errors; validate and correct data and update the system; implement and follow procedural changes for processing such transactions; and manage and update data using department integrity queries and reports.
• As directed, communicate and collaborate with key partners to identify and assess data needs and services for stakeholders.
• One year of experience verifying/proofing data using a relational database, including 6 months of experience reconciling complex data entry discrepancies.
• Proficiency in using a relational database or CRM in which alumni or customer information is maintained.
• Experience working closely with internal or external customers where a mission-critical service is being provided.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Business Administration, Social Sciences, Library & Information Science, Nonprofit Management, etc.) desirable.
• Experience developing, managing and maintaining complex queries and exports using a fundraising database.
• Proficiency in using a development or fundraising database (for example, Raiser’s Edge or Blackbaud CRM)
• Experience working closely with frontline development officers and/or other internal stakeholders or clients.
Specific Job Skills:
• Proficiency with query and analysis techniques and tools used to import, maintain, retrieve, and report on information
• Knowledge of, or the ability to learn quickly, the principles, practices, and techniques working on data/records quality initiatives in a complex and decentralized development organization, including an understanding of how data quality and records management services are integrated into those operations.
• Ability to apply critical thinking skills to determine accuracy and completeness of data in a complex database.
• Proficiency and comfort with investigating and solving problems and making independent decisions.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships, including the ability to communicate effectively. Strong commitment to customer service required.
• Strong verbal and writing skills, high attention to detail and follow-up, and excellent organizational skills are required – including the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to manage confidential information with discretion and tact required.
• Must be flexible and adaptable to new programs in an emerging and changing environment
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 520-323-3100. Please reference Order ID: 4BTL