Position: Medicinal Chemist
Rate of Pay: $60,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Employment Type: Full-time, Temporary
Please note: This is a temporary position, expected to last 6 months.
Primary Job Function:
Conceive and execute novel scientific research or development that
achieves project goals. Expertise in synthetic organic chemistry is an essential requirement of this position to drive the SAR (Structure Activity Relationship) optimization cycle to achieve project goals. Expected to generate new synthetic and medicinal chemistry proposals and lead those efforts. Investigate, identify, develop, and optimize new methods and techniques. Must be knowledgeable in areas of medicinal chemistry, biology and biochemistry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Maintain a high level of productivity in the laboratory setting by
generating desired compounds. Demonstrate the ability to resolve key project hurdles by effectively utilizing available information and technical expertise. Be responsible for developing new SAR/series. Must be able to work closely with biologists, in silico partners, and other medicinal chemists in a team setting. Proactively seek out new information in the literature and incorporate into individual project(s) as well as the overall program. Must work well in multifaceted programs, both in a leadership role and as a subordinate. Be able to work independently of others when necessary. Demonstrate a high degree of responsibility in maintaining scientific standards, and safe laboratory practices. Participate in establishing project goals, defining short and long-term scientific strategies, and contribute to the generation of project-related documents and presentations. Keep accurate and current records of research
and/or project-related activities according to company’s policies.
• MS or PhD in Organic/Medicinal Chemistry: Postdoctoral (1-2 years) or pharmaceutical industry
experience desirable (1-5 years).
• Demonstrated high impact problem-solving as evidenced by publications and/or patents.
• Experience in synthetic methods development, target-oriented synthesis, chemical biology, or
• Superior laboratory skills and proficiency in experimental design
• Familiarity with structure-activity and structure-property relationships
• Demonstrated ability to resolve key scientific hurdles by effectively utilizing available information
and technical expertise.
• Excellent communication skills; ability to develop, implement and clearly communicate chemistry
strategies and progress to team.
• Learns fast, grasps the “essence” and can change course quickly where indicated.
• Is open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
• Embraces the ideas of others and nurtures innovation.
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 520-323-3100. Please reference Order ID: 4CFR