Position: Leasing Manager
Rate of Pay: $15/Hour
Employment Type: Full Time; Temp to Hire
The Leasing Manager also ensures that units remain rented to eligible residents, that rents are paid, collected, and processed in a timely manner, that all rental agreements & procedures meet specific criteria.
The successful candidate will be highly-structured, detail and quality-oriented, driven for results, analytical, and a skilled, creative problem-solver.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Receive and process applications for residency.
• Certify prospective residents as to income eligibility.
• Complete resident file paperwork and ensure files are in compliance at all times.
• Receive rent payments, issue receipts, and maintain account balances in ledger sheet format and in the accounting database.
• Inspect units monthly in conjunction with pest control services and maintenance Inspections.
• Conduct “move-in” / “move-out” inspections and ensure cleaning of units to provide ready condition.
• Ensure apartments are maintained; communicate additional repair and maintenance requests to the maintenance team, and follow up to ensure completion. Oversee maintenance of the grounds, sidewalks, and parking lot.
• Enforce rental agreements and compliance issues.
• Enforce Landlord & Tenant Act rules and regulations, including the eviction process.
• Other duties as assigned by leadership.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• Excellent verbal, written, and telephone communication skills, and math skills.
• High level of organization and detail-orientation.
• Computer skills (Word, Excel, E-mail, Internet, and ability to learn and successfully use rental/accounting software).
• Ability to perform well in a fast-paced work environment.
• Knowledge of Fair Housing regulations, Landlord & Tenant Act regulations, OSHA, and ADA compliance.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups.
• Working experience with homeless and/or low-income populations.
• Complete understanding and agreement with personal boundary concepts.
• Familiarity with inventory control concepts and issuing purchase order requests.
• Minimum of two years of leasing experience in residential apartment communities.
• Experience working independently and successfully without direct on-site supervision.
• Carry/utilize a company cell phone and be responsible for responding to on-site emergencies, which may at times include responding after normal working hours, weekends, and/or holidays.
• Valid Arizona driver’s license, proof of clean 39-month driving record, and access to a personal vehicle for use at work.
• First Aid and CPR certification (or ability to obtain).
• Fingerprint background clearance (or ability to obtain).
• Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, and/or
• Prior property management experience
• Prior experience with income eligibility requirements and rent limits.
• Prior experience and proficiency with property management software.
• Knowledge of and experience enforcing Landlord & Tenant Act Regulations.
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 520-323-3100. Please reference Order ID: 4BXY