Position: Bilingual Office Associate
Rate of Pay: $13.00 /hour
Employment Type: Full Time; Temp to Hire
The primary purpose of this position is to foster and maintain excellent customer service. Routing telephone calls received accurately and in a professional manner. Check in patients and update patient records as needed. Schedule appointments for patients as requested. Ensure insurance verification is completed and updated as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs clerical and data entry duties with varying degrees of complexity, to the needs of the department.
- Screens telephone calls, takes messages and communicates with clinical staff related to urgent matters involving patient care.
- Prioritizes daily tasks; researches pertinent data and information needed in daily work assignments.
- Acknowledges and greets internal and external customers in a professional manner.
- Communicates to patients, addressing delays, offering options, etc.
- Obtains and processes required paperwork from the patient.
- Maintains and operates various office equipment including fax, copier, shredder, and printer; ensures supplies are available which include clinic forms.
- Handles cash, taking patient payments & co-pays and cashing out.
- Prepares outgoing mail and distributes incoming mail daily according to established procedures.
- Prepares addressed envelopes to produce basic letters and forms as applicable.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of departmental office supplies and ordering supplies as needed.
- Assists with handling difficult patient concerns and issues.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient data consistent with HIPAA requirements
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED), and one to six months’ related medical office experience and/or training.
- Employees must be fingerprinted and undergo a criminal background check. Fingerprinting must be completed within 90 days of employment. Employees are required to have a current Department of Public Safety Level 1 Fingerprint Clearance Card.
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 520-323-3100. Please reference Order ID: 4BZ4