Position: B2B Account Manager
Rate of Pay: $20/hour
Employment Type: Full Time; Temp-Hire
The Account Manager will be responsible for providing a high degree of customer service to existing clients, and actively seeks opportunities to grow new and existing business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Acts as a main interface between customer purchasing and engineering departments
• Enters sales and confirms/reports on order status to the customer in a timely manner
• Evaluates inventory availability, requests transfers, and purchases as needed for customer orders. Accountable for inventory ordered in.
• Finds sources, samples, and technical information as requested by the customer
• Resolves issues with shipments such as missing packing slips, short shipments, wrong parts, etc. between warehouse and customer
• Generates quotes for customers, enters information to internal system
• Enters CSI’s and process RTVs (return to vendor)
• On request, assist, support and or backfill for warehouse personnel
• Responsible for follow-up on quotes, samples, and orders as needed
• Partners with Business Development Managers to develop and maintain existing client base, and new clients
• Visits customer sites with, and independently of, the Business Development Manager as needed
• Performs cold calling within the Branch territory
• Responsible for review of open orders (both sales and purchase) to ensure on-time delivery to customers
• Actions past due invoices in tandem with Business Development Manager
• Interfaces with internal departments including Quality Control, Engineering, Accounting, Purchasing, and Warehouse as related to customer orders or needs
• Provides customer documentation to request part numbers from Engineering
• Drives VI (Visual Inventory) and bin stock implementations
• Continuously reviews accounts with Business Development Manager to identify areas of business that can be improved
• Provides metrics and reporting to Branch manager as required
• Participates in Corporate Activities such as ISO audits and physical inventory as required
• May require out-of-state travel for training purposes
• Other duties as assigned by management
- Must be able to read technical drawings and understand manufacturing processes required to make the part
- Able to think outside the box and help customers by providing alternate options
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint) required
- Demonstrated communication skills (written/verbal)
- Self-motivated and able to function independently; detail orientated, organized and must work well as a team player
- Must be organized with a high attention to detail
- Works well under pressure in a fast paced office environment, able to multi-task and reliable
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to define problems collects data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• HS Diploma and/or education equivalent; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or related work experience
• 3-5 years of inside sales experience preferred, preferably in fasteners, mechanical components or related field
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com or call our office at 520-323-3100. Please reference Order ID: 4cGJ