Position: Accounting Manager
Rate of Pay: $20/Hour
Employment Type: Part Time; Temp to Hire
Under the direction of the Chief Financial Officer is responsible for overall office management and financial operations. This position also ensures protection of the organization’s financial assets and compliance with directives and applicable grantor, federal, and state requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Review and approve all invoices and coding completed by accounting specialist.
2. Verify all grant billings are completed correctly by the accounting specialist bimonthly or as designated
3. Verify all other accounts receivable invoices are correct and in the system.
4. Confirm all deposits in the mail log once made by accounting specialist or CEO.
5. Approve input of all biweekly timecards and ensure that payroll has been entered correctly by accounting specialist.
6. Responsible for all payroll activities including timely payroll tax payments and reporting, accruals, payroll files, PTO, benefits, etc.
7. Work with CFO to develop and monitor grant and agency budgets with program managers.
8. Review and approve all bank reconciliations for all accounts.
9. Prepare Quarterly Financial Reports.
10. Help with HR and make sure following current guidelines by government agencies.
11. Follow all financial policies and procedures.
12. Maintain and understand all corporate insurance, building and property insurance.
13. Responsible for all financial information and that it is secure and organized. This includes files and reports for the company its LLC’s, assets and contracts.
14. Coordinate and work extensively with CFO and auditors.
15. Supervise accounting staff.
16. Maintain cash control and account balances and maintain petty cash.
17. Communicate effectively with CFO, CEO and others and follow confidentiality policy.
18. Other duties as assigned.
- Detail-oriented individual with excellent organizational skills.
- Five+ years of progressive experience in accounting.
- Hands-on experience with general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll.
- Office management experience.
- Hands-on and flexible with the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
- Current QuickBooks, Internet search, WORD, Excel, and Outlook detailed experience required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take the initiative and manage time to get work done accurately and timely.
- Willing to be supervised and to communicate regularly with the supervisor.
- Staff supervision and training experience is a plus.
- Have reliable transportation and can lift up to 50 pounds.
- Subject to satisfactory background and credit check as well as personal reference checks.
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our office at 520-323-3100. Please reference Order ID: 4CPV