Position: Accountant/Full Charge Bookkeeper
Rate of Pay: $18-26/Hour
Employment Type: Full Time; Temp-Hire
A busy company in North Tucson is seeking an Accountant/Full Charge Bookkeeper to join their team.
We want a results-oriented accountant/bookkeeper to help analyze the financial transactions of the company’s operations in compliance with federal, state and local regulatory requirements. This position reports directly to the Operations Manager. This is a full-time non-exempt position. The office hours are 8 am to 5pm with 1 hour for lunch and all work must be performed in the office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Help with the preparation of financial statements: Bank account and general ledger reconciliations, Bank deposits;
- Process semi-annual property taxes, assist with owner distributions;
- File monthly sales tax returns;
- With the help of the Admin Assistant, process and oversee the accurate treatment, posting, and collection/payment of A/R and A/P;
- Maintain schedules to track farmland billing and leases, update leases as necessary;
- Annual ADWR (water) reports, assist outside contractor who helps with the annual processing;
- Assist in compiling information for the outside accounting firm that prepares the state and federal income tax returns;
- Maintain depreciation schedules;
- Work with Property Managers of the shopping centers to assure coding of A/P and A/R is accurate;
- Oversee utility billing for tenants at a mobile home park, assure accuracy of tenant ledgers, assist park manager as necessary;
- Respond to requests of various lenders (i.e. rent rolls, financial statements, etc.)
- Complete and file a variety of returns, forms and other requests of local, state and federal agencies.
- Must pass a background check and credit check.
- Passing score on a bookkeeping test (a part of their interview process).
- 5+ years of previous experience as an Accountant/Full Charge Bookkeeper
To apply or learn more about this opportunity, please email your resume to email@example.com or call our office at 520-323-3100. Please reference Order ID: 4CJ9